What is Neural Therapy?
Neural Therapy is a complex and effective treatment that has a long standing history, dating back to 1905 when procaine was first discovered. The technique utilized in those times was described as trigger point injections, which began to shine a new light on pain management. In 1925, Ferdinand Huneke became known for his understanding and clinical experience with injecting surgical scars that resulted in significant healing reactions.
Neural Therapy is based on the idea that when injury, trauma, or illness occurs in the body long-term dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system can result. This plays a crucial role in maintaining health and wellness because the autonomic nervous system controls and regulates many systems in the body such as most digestive, metabolic, immunologic, hormonal, etc. When the autonomic nervous system is disrupted for example by a scar, injury, trauma, toxicity, unhealed emotional trauma the impulses to the brain and nervous system can be abnormal. An injection utilizing procaine into the problematic area works to reset the damaged cells and provide deep healing to the nervous system.
Procaine is a local anesthetic that has been used for many years in neural therapy. Here are some of the benefits neural therapy has been known to offer.
- Stabilizes membranes of nerves working to reduce pain. Stabilizes mast cells, which is often associated with allergy symptoms.
- Promotes vasodilation, which increases circulation and brings new blood to areas in need.
- Decreases capillary leakage of red and white blood cells
- Prevents edema
- Stimulates vascular growth factors and vascular regeneration to promote healing
What Conditions Does Neural Therapy Help?
- Joint pain
- Neck or Back pain
- Muscle spasms
- Trigger points
- Sinus congestion
What To Expect During the Treatment?
- Slight pain with the first injection which will become numb immediately afterwards.
- The injection site might bleed for a short time and some bruising might occur.
- The numbness will last for 20-30 min after the treatment.
- Patients might experience an immediate change in symptoms after the treatment called a lightening reaction. Example: complete relief of symptoms.
- Some may also experience during the treatment sweating, some lightheadedness, headache, energy, euphoria, or emotional release (tears).
- Fatigue after the treatment may occur. Its very common for people to feel tired after the treatment and want to take a nap. This usually last for 10-15min and a nap if possible is encouraged.
- Sleep may be more sound after a neural therapy treatment even for people with insomnia.
- After the treatment is completed, we recommend patients to wait for 20 min or longer, until they feel they can safely drive.