What is Cold Laser Therapy?
- Cold laser therapy utilizes an impulse of light at a specific wavelength (usually 600 to 980nm) that penetrates deep into tissues increasing cellular metabolism, cellular repair, improving blood circulation, decreasing pain, and inflammation.
How Does Cold Laser Therapy Work?
- The cold laser transmits non-thermal photons of light through the skin layers (dermis, epidermis, and subcutaneous tissues) to the underlying structures, which stimulates an immune response. This response has anti-inflammatory effects and helps to supply vital oxygen to areas that have been injured or undergone trauma.
- This is a painless and noninvasive treatment, great for a variety of conditions including: Back Pain, Neck Pain/Whiplash, Tendonitis (Tennis Elbow), Sprains and Strains, Muscle Spasms, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Herniated Discs, Knee Pain, TMJ, Wound Healing, Bursitis, Plantar Fasciitis, Trigger Points, Nerve Pain/Neuralgia, Sciatica, and Arthritis/Arthralgia.
What to Expect During Treatment?
- The most noticeable sensation is the probe placed on the skin. There is no electronic stimulation, heat, or pulsating sensations.
Benefits of Cold Laser Therapy:
- Reduced pain
- Improves circulation to injured areas
- Increased healing time
- Stimulation of new and healthy cells and tissues
- Reduces inflammation and edema
- Stimulates nerve function